Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome to Journeys and Jonquils!

I have been playing around with the idea of creating a blog for a while now and finally decided go for it. As an avid gardener who finds himself restricted for most of the year to a garden of potted plants on the window sills of his room in a college dormitory in chilly New England, I all too often feel something that can only be adequately described as horticultural withdrawal. Apart from rather costly shopping excursions to the local flower shop this results in an ever-increasing collection of garden-related literature and frequent self-motivated research on horticultural traditions and innovations the world over. I also have a tendency to take an inordinate amount of pictures of plants, gardens, and anything horticultural whenever I travel - Often to the slight dismay of friends and family, who seem to think that six pictures of the same bud of a 'Souvenir de Malmaison' rose bush are somehow excessive. It should therefore only make sense that I find a productive use for these activities, and hence I shall embark on this blogging business. Hopefully I will manage to find the time for regular, informative, and perhaps even entertaining updates...and plenty of pretty pictures as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!