Monday, October 26, 2009

Memories of Summer: Flowers in Boston's Back Bay

These are some pictures I took in Boston's Back Bay one sunny September afternoon. Most were taken along Commonwealth Avenue, with a few originating on Newbury Street. Coleus (Solenostemon scutellarioides) and impatiens (Impatiens walleriana) appear to dominate pretty much all the planters and frontyards I photographed but I still thought there was quite a bit of variety, at least in terms of lay-out and design...Besides, I am always happy if there are any flowers at all, and out of the many ubiquitous annuals, coleus and impatiens are still two of my favorites.















1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks wonderful. Every time I come home after a garden tour I start getting new ideas for my own garden. enjoyed it very much. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!