Monday, February 15, 2010

My 50th Post!

This is my 50th post on this blog, and I decided that I shall celebrate  with a sampling of pictures of gardens I have enjoyed visiting which for some reason or another have not made it onto the blog before. For the sake of festive symbolism, ten gardens will be featured with five pictures each, making for a total of fifty pictures. A few of these gardens I have visited multiple times, others only once. In most cases my last or only visit lies a few years back, which is why none of these appeared as part of my 'Summer Travels' series of posts. Though the pictures are a few years old, I hope you enjoy them and pay some of these gardens a visit if you get the chance!

Los Jardines de los Reales Alcázares de Sevilla, Seville, Spain






El Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid, Madrid, Spain






Jardim do Castelo, Tavira, Portugal






Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, United Kingdom






The Huntington, San Marino, California, USA






The Gardens of the Getty Center, Los Angeles, California, USA






Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, USA






Niagara Botanical Gardens, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada






Botanischer Garten Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany






The Gardens of the Taj Mahal, Agra, India






This list is by no means exhaustive, of course. There are many more gardens I wished to have included but of which I had no pictures, either because I did not take any during my visit or because my visit to that garden preceded the arrival of digital cameras in my family, with the result that any photos taken in those gardens are hard copies stowed away somewhere in a box. In addition, there were many gardens that did not make it because of my self-imposed limit of ten gardens for this post. My selections are rather random, so this in no way means that those gardens are less worth seeing, and many gardens omitted today will hopefully make it into future posts, along with the many, many gardens I hope yet to visit...In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this little "tour".

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and thanks for being so generous on your 50th post! I especially enjoyed the primula shot, it seems so spring-like...and I am really hoping for any sign of spring here in Alaska! I hope to visit Longwood Gardens someday and the Taj Mahal would be a dream come true....

    Christine B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!