Sunday, March 28, 2010

Planting Seeds

While it might not make much sense since I am living in a dorm and will be leaving for the summer in mid-May, today I simply could not resist my spring instincts and so I began planting some seeds in pots on my windowsill.
Among the seeds I planted were some of sweet violet (Viola odorata), Greek bush basil (Ocimum basilicum), and Chabaud carnations (Dianthus caryophyllus). For the latter I planted seeds from two different brands - a mix from a Taiwanese seed company apparently called K-Jay International bought in a grocery store in the Boston Chinatown and a single-color pink batch from an Italian seed company named Galassi Sementi. All in hopes of one day growing a carnation as sturdy and large-flowered as those which grace so many balconies in Portugal, happily flourishing in small terracotta pots in lofty heights...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!