Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Puthandu, Ugadi, Vaisakhi...

...Vishu, Aluth Awurudu, Pohela Boishakh, Rongali Bihu, Gudi Padwa, Mahabishuba Sankranti, Cheti Chand, Cheiraoba, Chaitti, Songkran, and all the other New Year's Holidays which fall on or around today's date based on traditional South and Southeast Asian calendars.


I know I have been a bit out of the loop with my holiday posts lately. Easter and Passover just blew past me without me even really noticing until I found one of my friends dying eggs in the dining hall, and I also meant to have a post for the Persian New Year Nowroz since it includes some greenery-related traditions. So hopefully this post will get me back in the swing of things...

4 comments:

  1. Hey great blog, good you commented on mine so I found yours too. You make very nice pictures! The orange color of this plant is stunning, is it some sort of Tagetes? Good luck with the studies! cheers Joost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! The plant is indeed a Tagetes or African marigold, Tagetes erecta 'Flagstaff'to be exact. I like that variety because it grows taller and branches more than most of the more common varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to mention that your loving mother sent you an Easter card with a package of seeds. :-)
    Und unser Garten freut sich auf deine ordnende Hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. Am visiting from Tyra's ... fun to see the Michigan connection :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!