Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Since today is Mother's Day, here are some of my mom's favorites:

 Bigleaf hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla) in my family's garden in Germany

Calla lilies (Zantedeschia aethiopica) in the Parque de Monserrate in Sintra, Portugal

More bigleaf hydrangeas (Hydrangea macrophylla) in the German garden

Another calla lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica) from the Parque de Monserrate

Some bigleaf hydrangeas (Hydrangea macrophylla) of the lace cap type

I hope many of you get to spend this day with your mothers and/or children! I am still working on some final papers and will not be going home for another week or so but right now I can barely wait to go home to my mommy...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to your mom. This is a beautiful tribute to her. So, these are calla lilies that I use to see in pictures and magazines. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich habe mein Muttertagsgeschenk gerade erst gefunden. DANKE!!!! Der Rueckflug hatte mehr als 5 Stunden Verspaetung und dauerte 10 Stunden in einem uralten Flieger. Bin total fertig. Only 4 days until we pick you up........ :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!