Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Flowers from the Garden

A few more flowers have come into their own since I last posted a batch of garden pictures a few days ago, so here are a few more photographs:

A red pink (Dianthus sp.) that originally came in a mixed arrangement of perennials

Sundrops (Oenothera fruticosa)

Kamtschatka stonecrop (Sedum kamtschaticum)

Musk mallow (Malva moschata)

Hemerocallis 'Stella d'Oro'

Asiatic lily (Lilium cv.) - this was one of the only buds spared by the deer

Another shot of the front border, just because it looks particularly nice at the moment

Originally I had intended to make some progress on a new flower bed in the backyard today but my work was cut short by rain, so hopefully I will get that done tomorrow instead. Not that I am not thankful for the rain, since this is usually about the time of the year that the garden becomes dependent on extensive irrigation.

1 comment:

  1. Like you my stonecrop is starting to bloom, and the sundrops will be doing their thing in about 10 days is my guess. My pink mallow is only about 20 inches high so that will be some time before I see those flowers. They are such a hardy plant. I have four different mallows (deep purple, blue, and a blue and white version) and they all do really well here. Will check in again. Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!