Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daylilies Galore

First off, let me apologize for my prolonged absence from the blogosphere. I was visiting relatives in Germany  and was without internet for most of the trip. I did manage to visit two noteworthy gardens, however, and extended posts about those will follow in the next couple of days. For now, though, here are some pictures I took this morning of the various daylilies  (Hemerocallis cvs.) currently blooming in my family's Michigan garden:





I have no idea what varieties these are  since they are among the handful of flowers that were already in the garden when my parents bought the property. They are beautiful, however, and hopefully I will get around to further expanding this little collection. Just this morning, for example, I spotted a beautiful specimen with huge cream-colored flowers with deep purple markings in a garden in our neighborhood and if I can find that cultivar for sale somewhere I will definitely try to get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!