Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Garden in July

I am still working on the first of the posts on horticulturally interesting places I visited on my recent trip to Germany but in the meantime I wanted to post some pictures of what the family garden looks like right now:

View across the central section of the backyard

A section of the border along the front of the house with purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia fulgida 'Goldsturm), a dwarf cultivar of panicle hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata), and Russian sage (Perovskia atriplicifolia)

Another part of the long border in the front yard

While these are admittedly some of the best-looking parts of the garden at the moment, pretty much all my plantings have so far held up well to the hot and dry weather that has set in as of a few ago. We did have a relatively cool and wet June but I still hope that this also evidence that my plantings are beginning to mature and that my efforts to use drought-tolerant species and to carefully site plants in accordance with their moisture requirements are starting to produce results.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, your efforts are certainly bearing fruit. Your garden looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your efforts are certainly rewarding you...it is so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!