Friday, September 16, 2011

Interesting Article on Waterlilies

I know I have not posted much recently, mainly because I have been busy with the beginning of my new semester as a graduate student, leaving me with little time and material for the blog. In coming days I am going to try to get back to more regular and substantial posts again; in the meantime, here is an interesting article from The New York Times about Texas waterlily collector and hybridizer Ken Landon:

In the Garden: For Waterlilies, an Odd Refuge in Texas

Among other things, Mister Landon is working on developing strains of shade-tolerant waterlilies. There is also an image gallery with pretty pictures of some rather unusual varieties.

1 comment:

  1. A friend sent me this article. We went through the town twice this summer but had no idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!