Saturday, October 22, 2011

Article Worth a Look

Here is a new article from The New York Times that I found interesting; it reports on efforts by New York City's Department of Parks and Recreation to use locally sourced seeds, especially of native plants, as well as seed collection and seed-related biodiversity preservation efforts more generally:

Seeds for New York: The Lawn Guy

I, for my part, find that there is something very satisfying about collecting seeds. It is a bit like a treasure hunt, really, and holds such promise of future growth...

1 comment:

  1. And there is something even more satisfying about seeing those seeds germinate. I am a great seed saver. we visited the Millenium Seed Bank at Kew this year. It was one of the days on My British Garden Tour,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!