Monday, March 19, 2012

Garden Update

I just got back from a short visit to my parents' house in Michigan and since the weather there has been absolutely phenomenal for the past week - bright sunshine, temperatures in the low 70s Fahrenheit/20s Celsius - the garden was full of signs of spring. Here are just a few of the highlights:

White forsythia (Abeliophyllum distichum)

Flower of Giant Japanese Butterbur (Petasites japonicus var. giganteus)

Daffodils (Narcissus cv.)

I also planted some new things for some added color, including some primroses (Primula cv.) and pansies (Viola x wittrockiana).

Freshly planted orange primrose...

... And some orange pansies

The buds on the little apricot tree (Prunus armeniaca) that I planted last year were also swelling rapidly but unfortunately none had opened yet by the time I had to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!