Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flowers Back Home

My mom just sent some more pictures of the garden back in Michigan, and among them was this shot of a clump of yellow miniature irises (Iris sp.) flowering in the frontyard:


I do not remember planting these so they must have been among the numerous iris cultivars that were already in the garden when my family moved in, yet I do not remember seeing them in bloom before. The fact that they bloom so much earlier than their larger bearded iris cousins probably meant that I always missed them.

2 comments:

  1. looks a lovely color, though the picture is sun drenched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, your irises look like mines, only my irises are purple. I like them, grow very easily, hardy and pretty.
    Did you add your post to the Earth Day Reading Project?
    mine is here
    http://northern-garden.blogspot.com/2012/04/earth-day-reading-project.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!