Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Camellias and the Lyman Estate Greenhouses at Gardenista.com

While outside yet another snow storm is burying the world in white, my daily email digest from Gardenista this morning included a lovely little article, replete with pictures, on the camellia collection at the nearby Lyman Estate Greenhouses in Waltham, Massachusetts, which I most recently blogged about here.

The Cult of the Wild Camellia

The article even mentions the two varieties of which I ended up buying cuttings on my last visit, 'Victory White' and 'RL Wheeler', though it does not have anything more to say about their history or qualities.

1 comment:

  1. You are getting a good snow storm today, and another to come. I think we could all use and early Spring! Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!