Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Rose

Walking home the other day I passed by the garden in which I had taken the third picture in this post. The rose hedge had been trimmed, and the sidewalk was littered with the leftover bits and pieces. Among them I found a small, pretty bunch of buds still unopened and a nice healthy shoot which I took home, the former for the vase and the latter to try to make a cutting of it.

The small spray of buds blossoming in a little glass of water

Does anyone want to hazard a guess what variety this might be? The flowers are deliciously fragrant and I am tempted to think it might be some sort of Damask, but I might well be wrong. Either way, it would be great if the cutting took and I could add this one to my own garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!