Sunday, June 1, 2014

(Late) May Flowers

My apologies for not posting for so long; after those two big general exams - which I passed! - I came home to Michigan, and then the best of significant others came for a whirlwind visit that was wonderful but as always much too short. Hopefully we are really in the home stretch now of that pesky long-distance deal. In the meantime, the garden here has come along nicely, even with the damage from the extreme winter and the delay from the late spring.

Columbines (Aquilegia cv.) in the front yard

Creeping mazus (Mazus reptans)

Perennial flax (Linum lewisii)

One bearded iris...

... and another one, positively luminous

Later this summer the terrace in the backyard is supposed to be resurfaced and expanded toward one side, so today I began moving some of the plants that will otherwise be in the way of the new construction. I started with some of the most valuable  a dwarf crape myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica), the Bourbon rose 'Honorine de Brabant', and my winter-flowering heather (Erica carnea), and a few other things, but there is enough in those beds to keep me busy for a few more days.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing your two big exams! Glad to hear that that pesky long distance thing might soon be ending! Beautiful blooms - Happy digging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!