Monday, June 15, 2015

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - June 2015

This is one of my favorite times of the year, as almost everything in the garden is fresh and new and just beginning to flower. Lots to show, therefore, for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day this month.

California poppy (Eschscholzia californica) and stock (Matthiola incana cv.)

Close-up of one shade of stock...

... and of another

 The very first minute flower on my Indian green chickpeas (Cicer arietinum 'Hare Chhole #2')

Red valerian (Centranthus ruber)

A salmon-colored oriental poppy (Papaver orientale cv.)

Petunia exserta

The first blossom of 'Tashkent' French marigold (Tagetes patula 'Tashkent') of the season

'Resina' pot marigold (Calendula officinalis 'Resina')

Large-flowered tickseed (Coreopsis grandiflora)

Also visit May Dreams Gardens to see what many other garden bloggers have blooming right now!

6 comments:

  1. Love those California poppies! That bright orange goes so well with your purple stock. I'm growing Calendula this year too, another favorite annual of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, and the combination was more or less accidental since the stocks were from a mix that also contains cream and bright pink shades. Somehow I also seem to be really gravitating towards orange flowers of late...

      Delete
  2. Your photos are lovely and I see some of my favorites there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You have so various collection. I have ever sow stock and calendula seeds, They germinated quickly, but they died soon too before they got flowering. I guess too hot here. I really interested to your poppy. I want to try to grow it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All those flowers do prefer cooler weather; even here they tend to fizzle out once summer gets hot.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!