Saturday, June 27, 2015

Guess What... Even More Flowers!

So much is blooming right now, I just cannot stop myself from continually taking pictures and posting them here.

A semi-double pink Shirley poppy (Papaver rhoeas cv.)...

... and a white one

A white-flowered form of 'red' valerian (Centranthus ruber)

The very first blossoms of Nicotiana mutabilis opening

A yellow-and-orange Asiatic lily (Lilium cv.)...

 ... and a bright red one

The first zinnia (Zinnia elegans cv.)

I overhead a neighbor yesterday saying that she did not know another garden that makes as efficient use of space as ours... I tend to think that I simply try to cram in as much as I possibly can, because there are simply always more things I want to grow. Besides, one can never have too many flowers, especially when one has to live with New England winters.

2 comments:

  1. Again... your poppies are really making me so jealous! So pretty... and the Lilies too. I've been looking for the nurseries that sell lily's bulb here. but I haven't find it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post even more soon! It has been a good year for poppies... :)

    Lilies are probably amongst the showiest flowers that are hardy here. Unfortunately most lilies probably need too much of a cold dormant period to do well in your tropical climate. Lilium philippinense originates in Southeast Asia, though, and is supposed to grow in more tropical climates. Maybe you can find a source for it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!