Wednesday, June 17, 2015

More Flowers, More Foliage

Just some more pictures from the garden and balcony, including some more flowers just beginning to bloom.

The rice (Oryza sativa) starting to look real lush, with 'Hopi Dyeseed' sunflowers (Helianthus annuus 'Hopi Dyeseed') towering over it

Borage (Borago officinalis)

A single purple stock (Matthiola incana cv.)

'Cupani' sweet pea (Lathyrus odoratus 'Cupani') - the first sweet pea to be cultivated, discovered in 1695 in Sicily by Francesco Cupani

Broadleaf hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla 'Otaksa')

Now back to my reading. I need to get through quite a few more Sanskrit verses before my meeting with my advisor this afternoon...

2 comments:

  1. I like your Hydrangea, the color is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was expecting it to turn out more blueish, but I guess the potting soil is not very acidic.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!