Saturday, July 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - July 2017

Of course I have once again been neglecting this blog - where oh where does the time go! - but at least I remembered Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, and have a bit more to show for myself. My little balcony garden has grown up a bit and the arrival of the monsoon - which has brought more moderate temperatures, even if the rains so far have largely come in spurts separated by long days of drought - has encouraged growth and flowering.

The Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus) continues to bloom reliably

A dwarf pomegranata (Punica granatum 'Nana') that I recently added to the collection

One heirloom rose flower, tiny due to the heat...

... and another

Seed-grown globe amaranth (Gomphrena globosa) getting started

The double butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea), much happier in wet weather

 One basil variety... 

... and another

Also check out what others have blooming at May Dreams Gardens!

7 comments:

  1. very nice basil flower. Do you know the variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I do not; the seed packet was just labeled "Basil" and about half came up as the typical green 'Genovese' and half as this purple-blushed kind.

      Delete
  2. Pretty blooms!
    I grew basil a few years ago. I still remember the wonderful aroma
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always have a few varieties going - basil is one of my reliable stand byes for both culinary use and fragrance and ornamental filler

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful garden, so much in such a small area.
    Happy Bloom Day!
    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!